With over 60 % of the population in the 27 Member States of the EU living in rural areas, which cover 90 % of the territory, the strengthening of rural development has become an overall EU priority. Women farmers and their production of locals specialities can be a “treasure” for European culinary culture and diversity. However, inadequate marketing skills do not use this potential.
Therefore MikroMarkt aims at:
- empowering women farmers in their professionalisation as producers of local specialities and to increase their competences in marketing
- developing a structured internet based self learning programme and a toolbox for a holistic marketing approach
- demonstrating of best practice examples,
- designing the materials in a user friendly form and a focus on sustainable and long-term optimisation in the marketing approach
- sustaining the availability of marketing tools through the web site for at least five years after the end of the project.
Leonardo da Vincci – Lifelong Learning Programme
Project Number: 142398-AT-LMP
Project duration: December 2008 until March 2011