Diamant is a training provided by certified trainers with an educational background to adolescents with a Muslim background that are vulnerable to radicalization or delinquency. The training aims to increase the confidence of adolescents, to build a positive identity and make adolescents more resilient against extremism and criminality. The trainings are given to a group of adolescents. They receive individual coaching on the side.
The training consists of three components:
- The first component focuses on developing a positive identity and accepting people that have other beliefs than the adolescents.
- The second component focuses on increasing the ability of the adolescents to think and make decisions independently.
- The third component focuses on the ability to solve conflicts and deal with negative emotions and feelings of being treated unjust.
The trainers make use of multiple methods, such a role play and counter-narratives. The training is completed by organizing a group activity in which the participants bring their developed skills into practice. They for instance give a presentation to an audience or organize a group discussion with representatives from the municipality.
The main purpose of Diamant is to:
- Strengthen the resilience of Muslim adolescents against extremism
- Increase the confidence of Muslim adolescents
- Contributing to a positive identity of Muslim adolescents
More information is available in Dutch.