The aim of this website is to support the integration of human rights topics into teaching. Teachers will find a variety of materials, information, methodologies, and videos about various human rights areas. The idea is to make the website a comprehensive tool, where teachers can find specific materials for lessons, ideas on how to work with them, basic and expanding information on human rights, and the opportunity to share their experiences.
There are developed methodologies based on concrete cases of human rights violations. Stories are subordinated to individual articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and supplemented by text and video materials.
The topics that are prepared for immediate use in the classroom include:
- Everyone is equal in terms of dignity and rights
- Prohibition of discrimination
- Right to life
- Prohibition of slavery (and forced labour)
- Prohibition of torture (and inhumane treatment)
- Right to a fair trial
- Right to protection (asylum) before persecution
- Right to marry and start a family
- Freedom of speech and belief
- Right to work
- Rights of employees
- Right to education
In each chapter, there is a theoretical introduction, then a basic overview of the lesson followed by practical materials, videos, printable documents, pictures and interactive exercises. There are also plenty of additional material for each topic.
More information is available in Czech only.